Pages

Friday 7 October 2022

Sort of Scary

Sharon - thank you. I'm sure it's just a cold, it's just particularly malevolent.

Bless - I may have a rummage and dig out all the elderly towels. There is a cat rescue place near us so I could try them. That's if I don't try and mend/reuse. I'll check and see if they'll accept it. That's a great idea.

Cherie - if I hadn't seen the length of a duvet cover while thinking about my awkward window sizes, I would never have thought of duvet covers for curtains. I mentioned it to the neighbours, but they all prefer floor length curtains, which would cover our radiators. You can probably pick up secondhand curtains for the price of the duvets, but they just fit my window nicely. 

Kate - I wouldn't say that bear was a goth, but it's all in black. Mind you, he's colour blind and choosing clothes can be an adventure so perhaps he's best sticking to black! He can't tell the difference between green and brown or blue and purple and never seems to spot pink, poor lad. 

When I was thinking about the duvet covers, I checked on Morrisons site and they have some quite nice sets that are cheaper than the crushed velvet ones I got from Aldi. I noticed, however, that if I added the duvet covers to the grocery order I could set it to add duvet covers on a weekly basis. Who is going to order duvet covers weekly? In my case, every decade or so is nearer the mark! I mean - why?

Mind you, I'm not in my right mind. I was driving to pick up bear this afternoon and I kept having to stop. I had a shocking headache and felt very sick. I told bear to get the bus home and that I'd follow in the car when I felt a little better. I was waiting for painkillers to kick in. I felt so poorly, but picked up enough after an hour or so to drive home, but I drove the long way around to make sure that I had the minimum of complicated junctions. 

The parcel of what were described as tray cloths arrived.


It's not really what I wanted, but I know I'll be able to use some of it and it included a gorgeous pin tucked duvet cover. 

And That Fuchsia is looking like it is settling down for winter. The blossoms are now only on the end of the branches though they are still busy with bees. The sparrows are also being very vocal about staying in there.


I intend to spend tomorrow very quietly indeed.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, soon. Rest over the weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headache sounds really unpleasant, maybe a migraine, and I hope you feel better now. It's scary when that happens when you are out and have to get yourself home. I hope you are feeling better now. xx

    ReplyDelete