Pages

Monday 17 October 2022

The Fuchsia is Fine

Bless and Eileen - thank you. If it continues, I'll definitely try and see a doctor at half term.

I'm going with 'post viral' at the moment. I'm still coughing a little, and my stomach is having a few moments, but on the whole I'm just flattened. Bear is apparently still fine apart from a cough, and is happily (yes, happily!) doing maths homework as I type this. However we both overslept. I was appalled when I realised the time and we both more or less fell out of bed and into the car. The poor lad was nodding off on the way to school. I think the half term is coming in the nick of time. DH is pretty much recovered. 

I planned to have a nap on the way home, but the violin teacher (who is amazingly awesome) needed paying and I couldn't find the card reader that I need for internet banking for love nor money. I ended up taking around an hour to drive to the cash point, over to her home, push the money through the door and then driving back. Then I finished off some writing and went to pick up bear. 

I've made dinner, and now I'm just about finished. I think an extremely early night is in order. 

The fuchsia is still going strong.


Though the flowers are very much just on the end of the branches now. The leaves on the lilac have turned the most amazing burgundy and gold. 


They make me think of old tapestries.

Writing stuff - the third of a trilogy of vampire stories is here. Now I am working on getting an anthology of spooky stories together. I've taken down the ones that I had on my blog, and I hope to collect at least the same again in new stuff. Whether I'll make my self-imposed deadline of 25th October, I don't know. However I hope that I'll manage it before Halloween. I'll share how it goes.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. That fuchsia is just amazing! Hope you continue to feel better and bear continues to feel fine (other than the cough).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fuchsia. Can't believe it's still going. I do hope you feel better soon. Can't believe they aren't testing for it at all. I still have some tests saved that I use if I come down with something. Luckily, we've all been pretty healthy so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a similar bug. It's horrible isn't it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy maths homework! Did the faeries swap him at birth or something?

    I love your fuchsia bush. All of mine are dwarf versions as I just don't have the space for a magnificent specimen like yours ... I may be feeling slightly envious! xx

    ReplyDelete