Pages

Thursday 6 October 2022

Waste

Bless - the duvet covers are perfect for curtains for me. They are the correct drop and there is plenty of fullness (which will keep in the heat). They are already seamed. There are two layers of fabric. It's often cheaper to buy the duvet covers than the fabric. If I felt particularly dedicated, I could sew something between the layers. I can even use the pillow cases that come with the sets for matching cushions in the room! Hopefully they will last a good while.

Cherie - if you lived nearer, I'd definitely let you sew them. 

Eileen - the sewing thing is quite irrational. I suspect that it's just lack of practice. The whole performance of setting everything up seems quite overwhelming, but the dining room isn't used on a Saturday so I should perhaps just knuckle down then. 

Hazel - I never thought about an eyelet kit. Hopefully this will settle me down. I never thought of looking for pre-owned, not because I'm fussy about that (because I'm not) but because the drop is unusual. But I could have just added a little fabric on the bottom and I think it would be fine to get 72 inch drop.

Sniffles have started. I swear I've used half a dozen tissues since I started typing this and sneezed relentlessly. I'll be glad when this is over. Bear is denying that there is anything going on while sniffing relentlessly. DH is much, much better. I'm organising a delivery for Sunday as I don't want to take these germs into a store. 

We have a hole in a bath towel.


We have plenty of towels, and this isn't a brilliant one. I should work out how to mend it, or cut the thing up for a hand towel and face cloths. It wouldn't take two minutes to hem on a sewing machine (if I had the courage). I am very tempted to dump it in the textile recycling at the tip. On the other hand, there are always lots of uses for this sort of rag. I shall have to have a think about it.

I wish I was more enthusiastic about it. But we have a load of towels, I've just bought some microfibre cloths and I wonder if I'm just hoarding rubbish rather than saving waste, especially if it can be recycled. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


4 comments:

  1. I think I'd probably get rid of it especially if you have plenty of them and it doesn't need to be replaced. Otherwise I might break it up into dusters or something.

    I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully it's just a cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, if there is an animal shelter nearby, you can take the towel with a hole and drop it off there. They can always use towels and wouldn't care that there is a hole. That is, if you don't want to mend it or reuse it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've set my tiny brain ticking now. What an utterly brilliant idea to use the duvet covers as curtains. So much fabric and already lined. Clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive just had to chop up a towel for rags but it was sort of sad it was sons when he went to big school he would only have black because he was a goth back then 17 years ago..lol

    ReplyDelete