Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2022

Nothing Much Continues

Sharon - Thank you! 

Bless - Thank you, and I hope that you had something amazing for lunch.

Today has been somewhat of a fail. I'm waiting until tomorrow to cook the bones. I'll take pics etc then. I'm sure that it is a good way of getting some flavour in. 

I don't seem to have managed much. Everyone was fed at the end of the day, bear has his clothes ready for tomorrow (meeting with friends and it all sounds quite teenage) and I even managed a brief article about writing (here, if you're interested).

I took a pic out of the bathroom window earlier when it was raining.


Yep, it was raining, but that's British weather for you. 

I also noticed that the fuchsia is starting to fade. As soon as the first frosts hit and the bees stop coming, I'll hack it back. I may need a chainsaw.


There are only a few flowers at the end of the branches now, but I've still seen enough bees around to be reluctant to hack them back. The sparrows are going to be livid, of course, but I'll have to live with that. 

I am supposed to be getting my Covid and flu vaccine tomorrow, but I still have a rough cough and I'm going to be exhausted just walking over there. I'll ring tomorrow morning and see whether they think I should go.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Your fuchsia has done really well. I suppose they might postpone the vaccines. Probably best to check. Hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fuchsia reminds me a bit of the euphorbia I have growing in the backyard - it is threatening to take over the garden and M keeps hacking it back! He says he's never seen one grow so big (it was a tiny cutting when he offered it to me!)
    Good idea to call ahead and ask if you should get your Covid booster and flu shot, tomorrow. Hopefully, you can postpone it until you've recovered from your cough.

    ReplyDelete