Pages

Saturday 28 March 2015

And then the light fell off

DH tried to change the light bulb in the living room and the whole fitting came off in his hands.  He got a new set installed today and so we have light, but we talked about light fittings.

We talked around it a bit, but at the end of the day the best thing we can do is perhaps get matching lampshades in the living room and study, nice and long to hide the bulbs and deflect any glare and probably plain and magnolia.  There is no urgency.  However it was a chance for me to have a quick word with my friend ebay, just for information.

There are some dreadful things done in the name of lampshades.  I'm not copying the pictures as I don't want to infringe copyright, but dearie, dearie me.  Some have feathers on them.  I have never known a lampshade that didn't need dusting at least sometimes, so what is the point of putting floaty feathers on?  How on earth are you supposed to get the dratted things clean?  I know a lot of people redecorate a lot, so I suppose buying a new lampshade every time the feathers get encrusted is possible, but it seems a bit of a waste to me.  And here is a link to one which is a puzzle.  You get some plastic shapes and you are supposed to fit them into a shape!  I am not up to that!  Here's a picture of a lampshade from WikiCommons


Thank you for the lovely comments on bear, he is the light of my life.  I hope he does enjoy the fencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment