Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Under the Influence

I've just received an email inviting me for rehab for my alcohol problems.  Father definitely thought I had alcohol problems - the half bottle of rum I finished off last night has lasted three weeks.  He would have insisted I drank more.  Interestingly, DH has cut down without any effort as father is no longer pouring the drinks for him.  The bill for alcohol in this household has all but disappeared.  Mind you, I am expecting small boys to be running in and out of the house all Easter, including bear's worst enemy/best pal (same child, it depends on the most recent argument), so I may purchase some cooking sherry just in case.  Actually, there is some sherry around somewhere...

I'm definitely under the influence of stress.  Father was not well this morning.  The nurse was joking and coaxing the medicine into him.  He is refusing to eat properly.  This could go on for a long time.  I am not safe to shop under the influence of stress.  Fortunately all I purchased today was a bulk buy of Pringles (half price, bear loves them but they are so expensive!) and a copy of the New Scientist.  It could be worse.  My track record says it could be a lot worse.

I'm off to have a talk with my friend ebay about theoretical purchases.  And drink lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment