Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Unexpected Fail

Tonight I made (well, got out of the freezer and put on a tray some ready made) fish in rosemary and lemon sauce.  Bear disapproved of the sauce.

I had planned to do ribbons of carrots with the fancy new thingy that is supposed turn a carrot into decorative shreds.  By the time DH and I had sworn, fiddled and grumbled, all we had was a squashed and unappetising mush of carrot that had epically failed to be decoratively shredded.  This sort of thing happens to me all the time.  I could always microwave a tin of mushy peas.  At this point they were more solid than the mashed raw carrot.

The totally unexpected fail was when I went to put on the pasta that was supposed to go with it - and I had run out!  I never run out of pasta, just never!  I always have a stockpile that looks like I'm preparing for a siege.  How can I run out of pasta?!?  I never run out of anything!  DH went to the chippy for chips.

Feels quite good, actually, to know that I am not irrationally stocking up.

Now all I need to do is try and hide from ebay, who is currently not very friendly.  Please let me be outbid.


No comments:

Post a Comment