Pages

Friday 8 April 2016

Must. Not. Shop

There is a video on YouTube about making a picture look awesome.  It uses crackle glaze and varnish and I quite fancy having a go.  The link to the video is here.  I can't remember how I found it because it looks completely different from anything I normally do.

I had completely forgotten about it.  However I had gone onto Tesco Direct to get a new duvet (mine is fit for compost) and if you spent more than £20 on qualifying items then you got £5 off with a particular code.  I think it ends in a week or two, but I suspect that these sort of offers are like buses - there will always be another one along soon.  Regardless, I bought what I was buying anyway and with the £5 I bought a pretty mug for myself and a picture frame for a lovely card that DH likes, so that we could get it up on the wall and enjoy it.  Here is the frame.


Of course the picture is too big for the frame.  I had a quick look around online and it turns out the picture is a non standard size.  Darn it.

Then I remembered the YouTube video.  I would need tester pots of emulsion paint, crackle glaze, varnish and two canvases - one to practice on!  It may still all go wrong as I am not used to paint and I am not confident.  Besides, I have eleventy ten projects outstanding and there would be no point even thinking about doing it until bear is back at school and I have so much I want to do then anyway...

I'm sitting on my hands.  However I hope the links are of interest to anyone thinking of doing similar.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the lure of new projects! If only we had all the time we want to work on all the projects we'd like to do!

    Can you cut down the card you want to frame to fit the frame you bought? Or would that ruin the picture? If so, maybe try to reduce it by photocopying it at 78% or something. You might have to play around with the size a bit, but you might be able to get it to fit.

    ReplyDelete