Pages

Saturday 23 April 2016

We Went Out!

We don't get out much, due to a lot of bad health, but I'm much better so we went for a little walk at Kirkstall Abbey.  It was really relaxing.  Bear had a kick about with DH (a few days early, but he's healing well) and we also had a drink and a cake, then a foray into Makro.  Bear insisted on pushing the shopping trolley, which was incredibly nerve wracking.  Fortunately the store wasn't busy.

It's been a funny sort of day.  I've spent a lot of it knitting while occasionally pausing to write some poetry (here, if you're interested).  My leg is very bad now, but the knitting is coming along well.  I also feel better for having written.

All in all, not a bad day!

Kirkstall Abbey, if you are interested, is a twelfth century Cistercian monastery ten minutes bus ride from Leeds city centre, is free to look around and is in an urban area near the river.  There were awful floods near there on Boxing Day.  Here is a pic from Wiki

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you felt well enough to go out for a bit. Thank you for the link to the Abbey; I enjoyed reading about it.

    Loved your poetry, too. I used to enjoy writing poetry in my teens and early 20s (much of it rubbish!) Maybe something to take up again, perhaps when I retire!

    ReplyDelete