Pages

Friday 5 June 2020

Another Farm Shop

Today I went to another farm shop. It's not a full farm shop. It's a nursery that sells plants with fruit, veg and honey. I wish I had remembered to take pics! It's actually the nearest 'farm' shop to us, but I've avoided it so far because the entrance to the car park is sharp and very steep. I finally got up the courage today, and I'm glad. It's really great, does wonderful social distancing and is very friendly. Their website is here.

I only wanted to be out a little while, but then I remembered a load of stuff I needed from Tesco so I ended up being out for some time. We had chicken casserole for dinner with mashed potato. 

One of the things I'm finding is that I rush into food choices and don't take enough time. I used diced chicken breasts, but thigh would have been fine, or I could have used turkey. It wasn't a strongly flavoured casserole, just chicken, veggies, garlic and a chicken cuppa soup. It really hit the spot, though.

I'm avoiding going out during the weekend if I can. I don't need to go out then, as I can go out in the day during the week. I feel I should leave the spaces for those who need them as they are working. 

So many foodstuffs are being sold online now. I keep clicking on them, so I keep getting them recommended. I just clicked on Mercers of Yorkshire. I have no idea whether they are good or not, but they sell ginger curd and pear marmalade. I wonder if they have a factory shop? According to google, they're around twenty miles or so away, which I think is too cheeky. Maybe I can get a hamper together as a treat for Christmas. 

Also, I have just seen a plant for sale on eBay that is potted into a re-used pot noodle pot. I approve.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment