Pages

Monday 15 June 2020

Where is the Time Going?

Things seem to be slipping past like well washed bars of soap. It's now half way through June! I have so much I should be doing, and a lot I should have done. 

Today seemed to be endless shopping. I called in at Morrisons, but I cheated and went to the smaller one in Heckmondwike. They didn't have the same offers in store that they have online, which seems very unfair. I picked up the bread, but nothing else. 

Sue - watch out! Pringles are also on sale at Morrisons as well, but it may be safe to go to Tesco on Wednesday as their sales switch on Tuesdays. I'm not sure how long the sale will last. There are some codes on the labels in Tesco but not only did I forget to look, I don't actually understand them. 

Barbara - I like the idea of using gluten free bread dough. I'm sure I can pick it up. They also sell gluten free pizza bases, but I don't fancy those as much. I'm trying to remember where I saw a recipe that involved flour and yoghurt as a pizza base. If I remember correctly (50/50 chance), that turned out okay. 

The queues at Morrisons were ridiculous, and I trudged around getting more and more disappointed as the sale items on my list weren't on sale in store, just online (and still online now). I can't justify taking a slot when someone else might need it, though, so I suppose I need to just keep my eyes open. 

The queues at Aldi were shorter, but not much, and the tills were over-run. Apart from the panic buying phase, it was the worst I had seen since Christmas and I was seriously considering abandoning the half dozen bits I had in my trolley. However they had the Not Pot Noodles in that bear liked, so I went with it. 

Tesco wasn't so bad, and the items on offer online were also on offer in store. I find myself very comfortable shopping with Tesco. I picked up a few more bits, including Pringles, and we should be fine for the week. 

I am a little worried about how much I spent. I'm planning to use up all the freezer as bear left the freezer door open for an hour last night. It could happen to anyone (and has happened a lot to me), and I threw anything that seemed the slightest bit soft, so I bought stuff to go with the meat. I got fruit, veg, treats and snacks, with a loaf of bread and some deli meat, but nothing like a joint of beef, and it came to around £100. It will easily see us through the week, apart from needing another loaf later, but it is a shock to the system. Food prices are going up and we are buying more food. DH is having breakfast and lunch made at home and bear is no longer having school meals. I need get a move on and stop time slipping away. 

Writing stuff - this week's challenge here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Morrisons sell a gluten free bread mix - just add water. Try searching for 'two ingredients pizza dough' and you should get a selection of recipes using flour and yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Morrisons is virtually empty if you can get there before 8am. It might be worth an early visit as it will save hours of queueing

    ReplyDelete