Pages

Saturday 13 June 2020

Muddled Sort of Day

Sharon - you are very kind! Thank you.

The trouble with planning meals in this house is that the second I plan a meal and get in the ingredients, the men decide that they are doing something else. They may decide that they don't want anything to eat, or that they don't fancy that particular meal (bear is very bad for that) or generally are unexpectedly out, or busy or need something different. Sometimes I wonder why I try and do anything but chicken nuggets and oven chips. 

I need to sort out a price book. I found (through dratted Facebook ads) a site that seems similar to Approved Food, but has a different selection. It's Bargain Foods, and I've just done a test order. You have to watch the sell by dates, and the postage is steep unless you spend over £30, but it seems okay. I did spend at least ten minutes trying to work out how to add stuff to my cart, but that's just me. I'm not sure that I'm safe near a computer. The trouble with these sites is that you have to watch the prices. They had some ghee on sale, and the men have been muttering about proper curries that don't involve jars so buying ghee is on my mental horizon, but the same brand and quantity was £1 dearer on the Bargain Foods site than it was at Tesco. And sometimes it's cheaper on the bargain sites like this and Approved Food for the branded stuff, but will be cheaper yet at a supermarket for their own brand stuff or when things go on sale. 

I need a price book to hand rather than having to scout through different web pages. And prices are going up so much that it's hard to know when you are getting a good price. It all looks incredibly dear. And I would like a paper one, because then I could have it to hand easier in a store, or near my computer without having to load up programmes. People always recommend Excel, and I loathe that programme with the passion of a thousand suns. I shall have to have a think. I have a bad habit for re-inventing the wheel, but I think I need to play around with some ideas that would suit me. 

I have spent most of the day worrying about food prices and re-writing an 8000 word short story, which has crept into the 9000 word category. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment