Pages

Thursday 11 June 2020

I Remembered to Take a Pic



Today I went for a drive for mental health reasons. I drove around thirty miles on roads I didn't know and had a blast. There were ridiculous bends, very steep climbs, single lane roads and some very complicated roundabouts. It was much needed. I tried to have a little walk, but was out of breath after only a little way up the hill. I need to get better at moving. Before all this, I was getting so much better. 

I called in to Morrisons on the way back as I was planning soup for dinner. June doesn't normally have soup weather, but it's been so cold and damp. When I had a look at the yellow stickered fruit and veg, they had  a couple of boxes labelled 'Too Good to Waste' and I picked up the one above. The veg was definitely at the end, but it was still good. It cost £1. Of course, this was fairly early on a rainy day, but I plan to keep going back to check on this. 

I roasted the veg with garlic and some oil and then added it to a pan with lentils, water, stock cube, celery salt and just a hint of cumin. It was a success. I enjoyed it a great deal and both the men enjoyed it a lot. I have a couple of the red onions left over, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them in the next few days. I used all the pepper and tomatoes. 

Sharon - I've started setting an alarm at 4.30pm as it gives me an hour before DH comes down from his room after working from home. I am considering digging out a notebook and jotting down ideas for that night's dinner first thing in the morning, together with how long it will take me to make it and keeping it an absolute secret or the men will decide that they couldn't possibly eat that. 

I need to get back to bullet journalling, or at least give it a serious go. I did my own version years ago, so I may try that. It's so hard to keep momentum. I am making some sort of shape by having a lunch delivered once a week on a Thursday (another reason to have a light dinner), and as DH is working from home, we still have a weekend, but it's incredibly hard to keep a sense of time.

Hugs and good health to all

No comments:

Post a Comment