Pages

Thursday 25 June 2020

Spending Fail

Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered Out of the London Mist. I don't think I can express how hugged I feel. Thank you!

Today is very, very hot and nobody in this house is flourishing. I decided it was bread and cold meat for dinner, which we had in, and I decided to call in to Tesco for a tub of coleslaw. I considered going to a closer shop, but I wasn't sure that they would have any in, and bear could do with a new mouse. 

I picked up some extra cold meat with the coleslaw, and a spare mouse for me and bear. And there was a sale on clothing so one top for bear, two tops for DH and two tops for me. There was some pyrex at half price and I'd been wanting some different casseroles for a bit and the plastic jug I use for miscellaneous water stuff is looking so scuffed that I can't tell when it's clean. Of course there was a stand with a selection of incredibly inexpensive plastic jugs and bowls that I was yearning for. Looking back, I should have got the large pyrex bowl as well, but you live and learn.

I spent an absolute fortune! I used the Tesco clubcard plus and used one of my big shop vouchers, so I saved 10%, plus all the other bits that I had bought at bargain. And of course they were marking down the bread when I went past so I picked up a reduced apple pie and a reduced sourdough loaf, both of which were very much appreciated by the men. I don't think I paid full price for much apart from the coleslaw - but I still spent a fortune. I'm sort of confident that I'll get my money's worth, but I'm still in shock.

At least I got the fuschias planted, and I suspect I've found the ants' nest. I'm not going to interfere as long as they stay out of the house.

Writing stuff - review of a steampunk anthology on my writing blog here

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Food seems to be going up. I went to get some mince here the other week and the price had doubled! Ouch! Told husband and son we were going to have to get through some of the stuff we have. I do want to make sure that I keep some stuff on hand just in case we have another resurgence and things get shut down again. I'm in a state was hardest hit in the beginning and things were locked down tight (now gradually opening up) so numbers are now low. Some of the states opened too soon and are paying for it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and spend some money. If it is something that you need it is worth spending a few extra pounds here and there.

    ReplyDelete