Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Could all be Worse

I'm shattered. I don't know why. I suspect the weather is making me run down. 

I dashed to Tesco and Aldi this morning, then raced home. The trouble is, I spend so much time queuing, it takes so long. It didn't help that I forgot something and had to go back to queue again. I've promised bear peanut butter cookies, and I forgot the peanut butter. Not only that, I can't find my fail safe recipe.

Tonight's dinner was gluten free breaded chicken with rice salad followed by spiced dark chocolate apple cake. The cake is very, very, very rich and I seriously recommend it - in small slices.

Between then was the battle to get bear to do schoolwork. He's not really in a good place, so he's struggling with stuff he normally sails through, and he is very overwhelmed. The assignments are mounting up. I've been spending a lot of time coaxing him. I've also been working on some of the writing stuff. I am now shattered.

Writing stuff - It's getting closer to the release date for Out of the London Mist, and part of the publicity will be what are called character spotlights. These are short snippets about characters in the novel. It's been a fascinating afternoon, as I've written a lot of other things since then, so I've been revisiting some of the characters and the story. I'm working hard on getting some thing interesting together that really adds to the story. I'm also planning a few articles as well which should also add. This means I've been digging out my research on the London Peculiars and the smogs that plagued London, and I am considering other articles, such as recipes for the food mentioned in the novel. I've been having a lot of fun, but it's taking time. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I think the weather and the situation gets us down. I go through stages where I wake up really early and then days when I'm really tired all the time.

    I'm lucky where I am as there isn't any queuing. The shops are really big and there are quite a few so plenty of space. I just make sure I go on slow days (if there is such a thing lol)

    ReplyDelete