Pages

Monday 8 June 2020

Another Tough Day

Bear is having a bad time. He texted me at 3.49am but I didn't get it until 8.47am this morning. I have been having a few issues with this, and I think I am going to have to schedule a 'turn off and turn on again' routine. I apologised to bear and told him next time that he had to ring me. I always go to him when he calls in the night, and I was heartbroken that he might have thought I didn't care. He was okay, he was just having a bad time and wanted a little company, I think. Poor lad isn't in top form. 

I wish I knew what to do for the best for him. I feel very powerless. I'm keeping notes and making sure I fuss him, but it feels very hollow.

I also managed to pull and push on my shoulder at the same time. It takes talent to do that accidentally, but I managed it with a combination of my usual heedlessness, a small table and an entangled headphone cord. I've previously dislocated this shoulder three times before and it's not feeling happy. I am unimpressed.

On the bright side, I made home made soup tonight with all the bendy veg, followed by a microwave sponge pudding, which worked! It wasn't like a fancy steamed pudding, but it was very pleasant and the men will have it again as soon as I like to make it - recipe here.

Hester - I think it has it's little flaws. As far as I can find out, it isn't by a professional cookery writer, but by someone who I suspect is the sort of cook a lot of us are - we throw things together, substitute, have a go and see what happens. It has some fun ideas, though, which I plan to try.

Cherie - that comment is the most amazing hug, which is very much needed, and really kind. If Tony is okay reading online, there are some further stories here. The White Hart started as me trying to tell stories on a blog, which means that you have to scroll to the end and sort of read backwards. I really need to tidy the site up, and I will do soonish, probably. He could have a rummage around there. There are another couple of stories with a similar background, but they are all ebooks. They are really old, but I could hook him up with an emailed review copy, all honest reviews welcome. 

And speaking of writing stuff, this week's writing challenge is here. I'm still halfway through last week's and I will post it, but it's been a little stressy here. All are welcome to join in, as long as you would find it fun.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I have accessed the page and then sent it to him as an email so he can access it on his phone. It will give him something to read when he has some spare time at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry about Bear. It's tough when your child has problems. Sometimes you feel so helpless. Hugs for you and Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read that bear is having a tough time and you are feeling powerless to help him. (((HUGS))) I hope your shoulder gets better, soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete