Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Roadworks!

If you go on to the AA site (theaa.com) and then click onto their route planner and then to travel news, you can get an overview of the local roadworks. There are a gazillion local to me. I know that the government are putting in investment, and it's the time of year for roadworks as the surface is easier to deal with when it's warm, and the budget has just gone in, but it's getting silly. There are a lot of closed roads as well and I ended up going around some very strange back roads on the way home from Tesco.

The weather is forecast to get a lot warmer, so I went out today to stock up on supplies for easy meals and rice salad. The driving was terrifying. I used to be a lot more confident. I also think that there were other drivers having issues. However the supermarket was fairly empty when I went in, though getting busier when I left at around 2pm. And I remembered almost everything, so I feel pretty good about it. I should be able to stay away from the shops now at least until Friday, when I can then top up for the weekend. 

There will probably be around a gazillion and four roadworks by then.

I've agreed with bear that we can get rid of the honeysuckle and jasmine, but I'm not sure I can get it out. I've been hacking and yanking all morning, and the stuff is firmly stuck. It's not actually in the ground, but in stacked tyres and it's well and truly embedded. As far as I can see, I would need to dismantle the stack of tyres, deal with the vast hordes of woodlice and spilled compost, and then restack. I'm not sure I have that much energy. I shall discuss things with bear later.

Writing stuff - I've managed a response to this week's writing prompt here. I've been quite busy with writing tomorrow and I hope to be able to share the cover of the book coming out next month. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment