Pages

Sunday 14 June 2020

Using Stuff Up

I'm getting a lot better at this now. A few weeks ago I got some small jars of pizza sauce that were seriously reduced. Tonight I used them on a massive homemade pizza, with olives that were left over from a stew, pepperoni that was getting close to its sell by date, left over red onions from the soup last week and some vegan cheese that I picked up at least a month ago and hadn't had the nerve to try out. The home made crust was a fail, though. I could have used it to tile a roof. I used gluten free flour and a recipe that added just a little oil with water. I won't try that again.

I've been looking on the supermarket websites for the offers. DH would like me to get a particular type of bread again, which I have only seen in Morrisons, and I'm intrigued by the 'Too Good to Waste' boxes. Unfortunately I think I can only get these at the big Morrisons in Leeds. They have some good deals on gluten free stuff (bag of pasta for only 60p! I should fill up) and a deal on the coffee DH likes. Bear and DH have forbidden me to get fresh food from there, as we have had too many disappointments, but the frozen stuff is okay. 

Tesco would be the stop for the fresh stuff and has a deal on Pringles. I have the ingredients and food processor to make home made hummus, and bear eats hummus with Pringles, so I should stock up. The men also like their flavoured water. 

I'd like to do both tomorrow as I have a lot of stuff I want to get clear at home over the next few days so I don't want to drive out. But if I go to the big Morrisons, I'll have to go through scary places in the centre of Leeds. I suppose I need to face that sometime. I shall have a think about it. With my track record, anything could happen. 

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyssa, I have been reading, just not commenting much these days. Are you able to get frozen bread dough in the gluten free? Folks here use it for pizza all the time. Just thaw, shape and bake with all your toppings.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to put my blinkers on if I go to Tesco then .... I have a thing for Pringles!

    ReplyDelete