Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Sort of Okay

Bear is continuing better.

I need a more exciting life. I don't really have that much to write about. The garden is looking around two twigs better, and the efforts to clear the kitchen and the walk in cupboard continue. I'm finding all sorts that I had forgotten, which meant that dinner tonight was around half a pound of diced chicken in a jar of cooking sauce that claimed to be sort of like Spanish flavours, and I added some chestnuts (found at the back of a cupboard after I got a great deal with them sometime last year) and around a quarter of a jar of green olives (I was considering focaccia but got the wrong type of olive). It was a very successful meal, served with rice. Bear and DH both approved a great deal, especially of the chestnuts. That is a win for me, as while chestnuts don't have as much protein as peanuts or almonds, they have some, so I can switch them into a dish and get rid of some meat for a healthier meal. Though that only works if you get a good deal. 

Writing stuff - the response to last week's challenge is here and the response to this week's challenge is here. I'm hoping to get some serious writing in over the weekend. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad Bear is doing better. I am finding it difficult to get dinner ideas together. The days all seem to blend together. I think of things for dinner and then it's dinnertime and nothing is made. Sigh. I really need to be better organised. Lol. I've been saying that for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog where you write snippets of your everyday life, no need to look for high drama.

    ReplyDelete