Pages

Saturday 27 June 2020

There May be Regrets

Sarah - thank you. You make it sound so simple, so I may have a go, though I don't know how interesting it would be. I really appreciate the pointers.

Bless - I think I'm going to have to allow more for food as well.

I have all the bits to start making the hat. I thought I would try hand sewing it as it isn't very big, and I'm still scared of my sewing machine. Besides, it's been sitting in a damp room for years and I don't want to risk breaking something before getting it serviced - and I'm not even sure where I will get it serviced these days. 


However as I have black lining, black paisley brocade for fabric 1 and nearly black paisley brocade for fabric 2 & 3, plus black trim that I would need to sew on, It's also trimmed with lots of black bias binding and I have black millinery wire. I'm worried about eye strain. I may hand sew, but in small doses. 

To be fair, there isn't that much sewing. I've never been comfortable with sewing machines and I've hand sewn curtains before - that is, very full curtains to fit 90 inch wide, 76 inch drops with double side hems, double herringbone stitch bottom hems and ells of curtain tape. This must be only a few yards of sewing, and I have a bright work light. How hard can it be, if I take breaks? I may be regretting the choice of fabric. The curtains were bottle green. 

There has been a lot of weather today, so I've been glad to stay indoors. I've spent a lot of the day going through my bookmarks. I get carried away and bookmark things and then never bother again. I'm trying to pare them down. One thing I have learned is that if I don't do a recipe straight away, I forget, so I'm going through the recipes I've bookmarked now so when I go shopping next week (hoping to hold out until Tuesday) I can make a list. 

I've also collected all my favourite funnies that I've bookmarked in one place. This is my favourite, but it has strong language!

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment