Pages

Friday 19 June 2020

Good News and Not so Good News

Thank you for all the good wishes. They are really, really appreciated.

DH took bear to hospital (only one parent allowed at the moment) and while the eye is very swollen and sore, there is nothing in there now and the cornea isn't scratched, which was the big worry. Poor kid still looks like he's gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson, and he's feeling very under the weather. With his other conditions, he's not on top form and I got woken up at 4am because he was hurting. I swear I was five minutes into a conversation before I was conscious. 

Bear was very brave through the whole eye exam, and now has drops to put in and has to use a cold compress, and I was very proud how well he dealt with the whole issue. I wasn't thrilled by his report, which isn't brilliant. He hasn't done the work and that's the bottom line. I wasn't surprised, though, and I'm hoping it doesn't cause too many problems for him. I just hope his eye clears up as he was starting to be able to do school work again but the pain from the eye set him back. 

And that's about it for today. We are all fed, we are all dry and I'm about to crawl into bed. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that bear's eye was checked out and he has drops to put in, etc. Hopefully, it will clear in a couple of days. I think a not too stellar report card during this time is excusable. I wouldn't worry too much about it. He'll probably more than make up for it when he's back in school. Glad to hear that everything else is well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad there was no serious damage done to the eye, but poor Bear! He really seems to be dealing with lots of problems. It's got to get him down. I imagine it's hard to be motivated on the school work sometimes. I bet he misses his friends too.

    ReplyDelete