Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

I Got a Cotton Bud stuck in a Kettle

Bear decided he didn't want me around today. He had an exam which apparently went well. Regardless, I was now in my room and tried to make myself a cuppa, except the electric kettle had dust in it. I had some issues getting it clean. I tried boiling it, swishing it around and pushing cotton buds into the nooks and crannies (it's only a very inexpensive cheap kettle with an exposed element). Of course I got a cotton bud stuck and it took me ages to get it out.

That came after not realising that I had slippers on when I went out and dug over a flower bed. The slippers may not recover, but they were extremely well worn and about to be junked anyway, so I'm not stressing.

Then I nipped out for some bits and reversed into a car in a car park. I always reverse into a space, except today. Today I reversed out and into a Jaguar. Of course it had to be a beautiful, shiny, new looking jaguar. As it was me, you could barely see the scratch, no-one was hurt, and the lovely owner said I could just pay for the paint. So I'm doing that. My car has some scratches as well, but nothing much. I crawl when I reverse. I've always envied those people who zip in and out of reverse, but I think I will stick to my usual sloth speed. 

Today could be better.

Writing stuff - writing prompt here, all welcome. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry about your parking mishap. Tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to heear about the mishaps. Hope tomorrow will be better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kettle isn't as power-hungry as a large kitchen appliance like a fridge-freezer or boiler - but investing in an efficient kettle can save you energy and time whenever you boil the kettle, as well as a few pence a week. electric tea kettle

    ReplyDelete