Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

Another Week Over

Bear has had a bad day, and the rain has been relentless. Dinner tonight was a jar of curry sauce over chicken, onion and mushrooms followed by home made jam sponge. The men enjoyed it, of course, but I felt that I had let myself down.

I keep getting ambushed by ads on Facebook. There are a lot of adverts for food deliveries, which I click on. And because I click on food delivery adverts, I get more. I need to clear out and use up my stock first, but it is so tempting. I've found adverts for spice merchants, fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat (through the post - I'm not sure about that!), and lots and lots of Yorkshire stuff. So far I'm mostly resisting, but I don't know how long I can hold out. 

On the writing stuff, I had an interview. It's not a hard hitting, probing, incisive interview by anyone famous. It's just one of the little ones used in publicity, but I had to rack my brains. They asked about where I got inspiration and I had to confess that I haven't got a clue, it just sort of happens. It sounds like I'm dodging responsibility for the plot, but I promise you, it's usually just something that happens and I go along with it. I also have some serious re-writing to do on an associated project, and I'm actually looking forward to that. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're too hard on yourself with your dinners! Sounds delicious. I hate the ads that when you click on them you end up with more. I go through stages of buying too much food. The last time ended up to my advantage as it was just before the lockdown. I had an absolute epic fail regarding getting the freezer food used up. I have been doing better as I don't want to go into the shops (I feel a little paranoid). Now that the weather is getting warmer though I am doing terribly at dinner ideas.

    ReplyDelete