Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

I've Done It Again

I'm still waiting for delivery of the stuff for the hat, and the wait is making me nervous. I can't remember the last time I successfully followed a pattern.

My problem is that I bite off more than I can chew and I can't leave well alone. There are some ties on the hat that you are supposed to cut from fabric, but I was considering replacing with steampunk themed ribbon. I don't know what I'm doing! I'm scared of my sewing machine! But I'm still considering changing things around. Sigh. When will I learn! I'm a victim of 'I can just...' and the next thing I know I'm up to my armpits in haberdashery and panicking. I should know better, but here I am again with hats this time.

Bear has graciously permitted me to alter the plans for the garden. I did some digging earlier, and I'll go back out once it has cooled down a little. The weather forecast is for temperature of 30C or around 86F. For some people reading this, that's 'get a wrap' weather. I feel on the edge of heatstroke.

Also, I have hayfever. I didn't have it growing up. It has sort of crept up on me. I woke up this morning ridiculously sniffly and couldn't stop sneezing. I am unimpressed.

Bear's eye is almost back to normal. Everything else is failing to co-operate, but his eye is okay. 

Dinner is definitely salad. 

Writing stuff - Exciting times! Out of the London Mist is now available for pre-order. It's a lot less expensive now, and will cost more if you order after publication, so if you are likely to be kind enough to read it, now is a good time to buy to get it on 23 July. If you feel able to review it, let me know as a comment. I will be able to get you a free electronic review copy. All I would ask is that you would leave a review on somewhere like Amazon in return. I've written all about the process so far with links to the pre-order on my writing blog here, so please check it out if you are interested.

I'm now getting caught up in publicity and publishing, so there are likely to be a lot of posts about writing stuff. It's okay to skip them if you are not interested. I will indulge myself with a brief overview of the cover, though.


Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. It's been nice here the last couple of days. I've been able to have the windows open and the (window) air conditioner off. However it's going to warm back up again. I hate it almost as much as I hate the cold lol. I try not to turn the oven on when it gets hot as it just makes things worse.

    I bet the hat will turn out great! I can't wait to see it. Good for you for giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pre-ordered your book 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that bear's eye is better.

    "For some people reading this, that's 'get a wrap' weather."

    Ha, ha! :D

    ReplyDelete