Pages

Sunday 21 November 2021

Bear in Trouble

Sharon - thank you! I feel very hugged by your comments, and you are very kind about the pics. Your pics are always amazing. As for the garden - I think it's a case of 'watch this space'. I bet yours is a lot nicer. With the driving, I may get my courage. I used to be much more adventurous. Who knows what will happen next. 

As for bear, well...

I saw a fox on the way to pick up bear from his afternoon out. The fox gave me a 'who do you think you are looking at' look, which kept me amused for some time. Which was perhaps just as well, as bear was late to pick up. 

I was not happy. Bear had got last minute notice to hang out with his pals in Heckmondwike. I said that I would be leaving the house around 5pm to pick him up at the estimated pick up at 5.30, and to please let me know if there was any variation. Bear waltzed off, forgot what I said, had his phone on silent and ended up meeting me at 6.20pm next to the local McDonalds. Morrisons car park, the usual pick up, closes an hour after the store (5pm on Sundays), which meant I was driving around looking for a safe, well lit, accessible parking spot at 5.55pm. Unimpressed didn't start to cover it.

I wasn't in a good mood anyway. I had spent a lot of time this afternoon trying to get my microphone to work. I had been invited to a writer's workshop for steampunk, which I didn't realise was a stream. I don't know how to write. I just do it. I think some of it is good. Sometimes I feel better about my writing and sometimes I feel bad. I usually think it's okay, but I have no idea how I get there. As it was, I ended up messaging my sincere apologies and swearing at the headset. And I only have tomorrows piece half written, darn it.

It could all be worse. Bear wasn't very late and took my lecture without backchat. It's pretty harmless stuff for a nearly 15 year old. And I had a good reminder to check my equipment. 

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow a fox! I'd love to take a photo of one. My sister sends me phone photos of the one that walks along the fence between her and her neighbour's house. I am really jealous lol.

    Sorry about Bear. I would have been upset too!

    You sound about your writing how I do about my photos. Sorry you couldn't get the microphone to work. I'm not sure I'm good at the whole zoom meeting thing. We have some in my online photography group and most times I end up messing things up somehow. Sometimes I feel it's safer for me if I just watch the replay lol

    ReplyDelete