Pages

Friday 26 November 2021

I Can't Move

Heather - you are not helping!

Jeanie - I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out against the lamp. I fail against temptation.

I was a little stiff when I got up this morning, dropped off bear and went for a walk. I thought I was going to get lost as the leaves were covering the path. 



It took me ages to find that tree again, so I thought I would show three pics from further away, closer and closer still.






Then I added considerably to my step count at Tesco. I still forgot a few bits, but I had a list and stuck mainly to it. However I went down the list in a logical order for loading the trolley and packing the bags. This meant I crisscrossed the large store about a dozen times. Also, Tesco school uniform only goes up to age 14. Bear is growing out of that. I've had to order some new school trousers from Matalan.

This means that I've done all my steps again, and I can't move. I was planning on doing the garden (again!) but I just can't move. I'll have to force myself out in between gales and blizzards (strong winds and possibly sleet forecast but I'm feeling dramatic). 

Speaking of the weather - sending good vibes to all those caught up in this awful storm. Stay safe!

I picked up groceries at Tesco. I wasn't planning on doing any Black Friday shopping. I couldn't think of anything I actually needed, and I am deeply suspicious of a lot of the Black Friday deals. However I couldn't get through to the sewing machine place, though I tried all day. The phone just rang and rang without any answer. Out of curiosity I looked on Amazon, and picked up a reconditioned Amazon own brand sewing machine for what I thought was £25 but after the whole Black Friday discount was £20. It will do for what I want, will considerably save eye strain which was becoming a problem and is almost certainly cheaper than a service and repair. Even new it would be £30. Now all I need to do is feel the fear and do it anyway. The six curtains plus mountains of cushion covers can be done in a couple of afternoon instead of taking weeks. 

I now have a surplus sewing machine that has been extremely lightly used (because I was scared of it) but is dreadfully dusty and been kept in a damp place. I'm so annoyed at myself. There is a repair thingy that meets in Leeds that repairs stuff like this. I wonder if they would consider going over it and then it could be donated. Or I could look for a YouTube channel about servicing sewing machines. I suppose that would be a fun way to get confidence.

That makes tomorrow a knitting day before the sewing machine arrives. Then I really need to sort out the curtains with all the incoming weather.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow good job on all the walking! It will get easier. I walk for hours sometimes just because getting outside in nature and taking photos helps my mental health. It's getting colder now though so harder to stay out for a long time as I get too cold (I am bundled up well, but no amount of bundling will stop it when it gets cold out)

    ReplyDelete