Pages

Friday 19 November 2021

I Nearly Got a Pic

The robin in our garden has seen that we are complete pushovers. It was complaining bitterly this morning about the lack of fat balls and came so close that I nearly got a photo. I think I'll try sitting quietly on the step and see if it comes to give me a piece of its mind. 

The pic I got was this. 


It was very strange. It's across the street and I noticed it when I was loading up the car. The plant looks the same as the ones surrounding, with the same shape and sized leaves, but is that incredible bronze colour. DH wondered if it was an early autumn, but I think it may have been diseased. I'm not sure of the plant. I'll have another look tomorrow.

Poor bear is loaded with homework. It looks like he will be spending large chunks of the weekend on maths revision. Of course, he also plans to spend large chunks on video games, so I will see what I will see. He's complaining of being tired, which may be a side effect of a growth spurt that has sent his jeans and school trousers heading north. I'll have to pick up another pair soon. 

Today was another bitsa day - bits of this and bits of that. I took a load of stuff the charity shop and some glass jars to the bottle bank. The man collected the broken microwave and then that was that. I didn't get to make the vegan curry I was planning, because it takes time to peel and grate a two inch piece of ginger and bear was late at pick up. To be fair, bear decided to take his time as he got sprayed with girl's deodorant at the bus stop, along with all of his mates, and he didn't want to turn up at the car smelling too floral. Instead he called into Morrisons and the watch shop and got the battery changed on his watch. 

I think bear is more self possessed and confident than he realises. I would have been quite daunted to go to a shop or business that I had never used, that was unfamiliar and ask for something I had no experience when I was fourteen (though I had my moments). He also wouldn't mention female friends to me, as he knows I would be all over the slightest mention like a gossip magazine. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. It really sounds as though Bear is starting to grow into himself. Like you, I would have not had the confidence, sometimes I still have to talk myself into going into somewhere new.

    Getting bits done is better than getting nothing done - which seems to be the way here lately!

    ReplyDelete