Pages

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Need More Movement

I couldn't do my walk in the park as the man was coming about the door (again) and I had to rush home. The lock is still sticking so it's a devil to open. The man had left before I got home from the school run at around 8.30, but DH had spoken to him. DH was somewhat unimpressed. On the whole, the people who have done the windows and doors have been amazing, but they seem to have a blind spot with this.

I feel like I almost did things today. I moved this and dusted that but I achieved less than I would have liked. One thing that I managed was washing out the wheelie bin once it had been emptied. That is when I saw a rat that looked nearly the size of a badger. Okay, not very nearly, but it didn't look like it was following Slimming World. It looked chunky. Later on, as I was about to take out some rubbish, I stopped to watch the sparrows squabbling on the birdfeeder and I spotted another rat. It seemed very polite and pleasant, and gave the impression that it would wipe its paws if it came in the house. I didn't feel like chasing either the rat or the sparrow off. 

I bought some make up today. I haven't worn make up at all since before bear was born, and I haven't worn full make up since around 1990. But I really need it. I'm self conscious about the scar on my face, so I need to learn how to use the darned stuff properly and so I picked up some basics to have a play. When I started wearing make up, back in the 1970s and 1980s, there were a lot of crimes against blusher, and I need to aim for age appropriate stuff - at least when I leave the house! I shall spend some time on YouTube tutorials. I dread to think what bear will say.

I also filled up with petrol. It was £1.42.9 per litre, up from around £1.20 per litre during the first lock down. I think I need to get my adventures in before the petrol gets out of my price range. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Rats. Shudder. I can't say they are my favourite, but I must admit that one or two I saw in the park while over in England in the summer were quite cute. I admit to taking a couple of photos of them lol.

    I am terrible at make up. I never learned how to use it properly. Mum never wore much of it. I did wear a bit as a teenager, but I was never one to wear it all the time. I can't remember the last time I wore any.

    ReplyDelete