Pages

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Felt Brave

 I went to the tip today and I felt incredibly brave. I went on the bypass, with it's scary sliproads and high speed limit - not only on the way there, but on the way back! And there weren't big gaps to get onto the road, but I had my speed up, matched the speed and slotted in. I had to have a sit down afterwards.

Normally I go to the tip on the way to pick up bear. It isn't exactly on the way, but I can do a sort of loop. Besides, it takes less time out of my day if I call into the tip on the way to somewhere else. However it was a late pick up for bear today, so the timing was off. I went around 10am and was back by 10.30am. 

I've hacked back some more in the garden, and moved another tyre. There was no sign of any rats. Apparently they don't like things being disturbed. Neither did the sparrows and DH counted twelve of them at lunchtime as they turned up to complain. I can't find the heart to cut back the fuchsia as well. It's packed with the sparrows on a regular basis. They're going to be disappointed when I get rid of the weeds - if I actually manage that!

I didn't take any pics of my progress. The only pic I took today was this, which I think is a ladybird settling in to hibernate in the door jamb. I tried to take a close up to see what it was. She may want to find somewhere that isn't regularly exposed to draughts. I hope she'll over winter okay. 


Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on the driving! I rarely go on the motorway. It's not so much the driving at high speeds, but having to get on with the lorries not moving over and then pulling out in front sometimes. I would rather spend more time going the other, longer way round lol

    ReplyDelete