Pages

Monday 29 November 2021

It is Too Cold!

 I know this is not likely to be the coldest it gets this winter, but it's cold

The grit did its job. It was like this when I went out in the morning. The steps were safe.


The car was very frozen. I got it defrosted with antifreeze, scraping and the heated windows but it took some time. This is the roof of the car after driving around sixteen miles with the heating up to 'absolutely ridiculous)


And I guess that I've seen the last of the fuchsia flowers. It was looking droopy this afternoon.


Bear's school were allowing for difficulty travelling, but they said that as it was not a snow day, they wouldn't be putting on internet lessons. I suspect that the days of freedom when it snowed are gone. Bear will have to make do with a little longer in bed.

Driving wasn't too bad, but I was careful to stick to easy routes. Tomorrow should, in theory be easier.

Writing stuff - today's flash fiction is here. I hope that it rings bells for those who have read 'Tales from the White Hart' but still makes sense for those who haven't. 

And while I'm at it, it's the last day of the Three Furies Black Friday Sale, if you are interested.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Not quite as cold as that where our cottage is in Scotland but cold enough being in the temporary caravan here.

    ReplyDelete