Pages

Tuesday 23 November 2021

Planning

I fail at planning on a scale so epic it can be seen from the Moon. I'm trying to plan out what I should do tomorrow. I could do with calling in at Tesco for the flavoured water that the men like. I could also do with calling in at the Works Outlet shop in Batley and going wild for bear's stocking and bits. While I'm there I could do with checking the sewing machine and sewing shop and seeing if they will take my sewing machine for a service. And a walk wouldn't hurt. 

At the same time I need to get the garden sorted out, which will involve a run to the tip. And I have sort of started some clearing out some cupboards. Of course, I have a massive writing deadline as well. And I could really do with finishing curtains for the porch and living room this week (which would be easier if I had a functional sewing machine and the nerve to use it). The current living room curtains cover the radiators, and curtains in the porch would really cut down on heat loss. 

And I could do with moving furniture around in both the study and the living room. I definitely need to do the study as the curtains (of appropriate length) keep getting caught on the unit and so heat from the radiators gets trapped behind them instead of getting into the room. 

And if I sort out the study then I need to move a piece of furniture to my room which is currently a rough mound of stuff as I emptied out some drawers and I'm picking through bits here and there. 

Did I mention the writing deadline?

I think if I concentrate on One Thing, then it will lead to order, as after One Thing is done, then it will be easy to keep while I do the Next Thing. But between bear and DH, I always seem to lose focus and the time I allocate to the One Thing gets caught up in something else. 

Also we have a big bag of things next to the porch. DH took it while I was on the school run and apparently it was left for someone who moved out of the house next door but one over a year ago. The people that moved in after knew the first lot, but I haven't seen them for a while either. I've no idea what to do about that. 

The theoretical plan for tomorrow is to do the shop thing, then dip in and out of the garden, interspersed by writing. To be honest, I would have got a lot more writing done today if I hadn't lost the floor plan that I had found from a Tudor mansion and then re-labelled with all the stuff I needed for the plot. Instead I've been scrabbling around trying to find it again on the internet and failing. I may have used harsh language. 

I'll let you know if I manage any of that.

Hugs and good vibes to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment