Pages

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Funny Sort of Day

 Sharon - the thought of dealing with the lorries terrifies me, but I'm determined to get there.

It's been a funny sort of day. The microwave stopped working, which was a nuisance. I know that it's possible to do without a microwave, and people have managed for centuries without a popty ping. But we use ours a lot. And the microwave is only a few months old, so I'm going to have to negotiate a refund with Aldi.

I didn't get anything done today that I had planned, which is not at all surprising. The highlight of the day was a chat with bear. For his Biology exam he has to study eight diseases. Between my habit of picking up weird info, and DH's habit of picking up weird info, and bear's habit of picking up weird info plus school, we had a very interesting chat. Apparently, only 1 in 20 infected with cholera show severe symptoms, and many have no symptoms at all. That is from bear. I could contribute that the cemeteries in York rose above ground level during a cholera epidemic and DH talked about disecting rats when he was at school. We make our own entertainment at our house.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking to children is important so you did do something important today!

    I'm still not brave enough for the lorries. If there is an alternative route that's the way I'm going lol.

    Sorry the microwave packed up. I don't think I use mine alot though probably more than I think!

    ReplyDelete