Pages

Sunday 7 November 2021

Wonderfully Quiet

Sharon - thank you! I feel hugged. You are right about nightmares, they can drag me down all day as well, and I have far too much imagination. I had another last night.

Today has been wonderfully quiet. We had bangers and mash tonight, with peas and gravy. They were vegetarian sausages and very flavourful. I did a huge pan of mash and the men seemed to inhale it. We are sort of accidentally having less and less meat for various reasons. One reason is that quorn chunks and mince are fine for us, healthier, (probably) better for the planet, and quicker to cook. The price is pretty good as well. Bear is also a huge fan of the chickenless nuggest which he would eat by the shovel load if he got a chance. As he continues to shoot up, I'm happy to keep shovelling.

Tonight is definitely a 'sit down with knitting and be quiet' sort of night. The wind is getting up. We finished off the last of the fireworks earlier, so that is it for the year. I quite like that it is just for Bonfire Night (we don't bother at New Year). As DH and I are both on the older side, we were talking about how things aren't kept special now. So we have satsumas, or at least easy peelers, all year round instead of just at Christmas. I used to only ever seen turkey in the shops at Christmas, but now it's much more available, and you can strawberries whenever. I am holding on to keeping fireworks for Guy Fawkes and some goodies like lebkuchen for Christmas. I think I may try a little harder to keep things seasonal. It's much more fun.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment