Pages

Monday 8 November 2021

Unnecessary Purchases

I shouldn't be allowed out. Today I bought a dressing gown and I didn't need it. To be fair, the current dressing gown is older than bear, but there is nothing wrong with it. The new one, however, is bigger, softer and cuddlier. I am wearing it now, over my normal clothes. I plan to use it for keeping warm when I'm writing. I'll use the old one for the actual putting over night clothes. I'm almost tempted to wear it out instead of a coat! If it saves me putting on the fire then it is £18 well spent (Morrisons). At least, that's what I'm telling myself. 

Today the mead for Christmas arrived. We got two bottles (Christmas and New Year) from Raven Forge. It isn't inexpensive, but it is very pleasant and is kept for special occasions. While I was on the page, I couldn't resist these. It was £12 for three, just what I would like for my knitted shawls and entirely frivolous.


They are properly forged and I can feel the oil on them. That would be no good for the knitted shawls. My instinct is to give them a good wash with soap and then rinse and spray with hairspray, but I think I will do some research. Sometimes a regular polish over time can bring up a beautiful glow. Many years ago (very many years ago!) I was a girl guide and polished my badge every week for around four years. By the end of it, the cheap brass trefoil gleamed like gold and polished up incredibly easily. I wonder if I could get the same effect with wrought iron. 

It doesn't feel like Monday. It feels like Wednesday at least. I did the usual drop off, got things like washing done, decontaminated the fridge, sorted out a few Christmas bits and did a load of writing which I have now handed over to the editor. I also did a lot of chasing around various bits and bobs, like checking on what bear wants for costume for his drama mock GCSE and picking up some bits of shopping (which led me into bad ways for the dressing gown). 

Morrisons are doing their Christmas saver again. If you spend £55 for four weeks out of five in the run up to Christmas, then you get a voucher for £20.50. As I pick bear up from Morrisons car park, it is ridiculously easy to spend that money. I may even look to picking up some clothing from there, as DH likes their polo shirts. It's only worth it because I'm always calling in, though. As it is, I may as well use the £20.

Writing stuff - Monday snippet is here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment