Pages

Monday 22 November 2021

Colder

Sharon - I'm glad I'm not the only one who is baffled by tech. As for the fox, it was a few miles from the house, crossing the road as I drove and it gave me such a look of utter disdain. I love seeing foxes, and I love that the black paws look like evening gloves. 

I scraped frost from the windscreen this morning. It was definitely cold, and I'm a little apprehensive that there will be snow on the way. I called in at Aldi after drop off (and picked up a few goodies) and spotted these flowers. 


They looked almost springlike. When I turned around 180 degrees, I had this.


Much more autumnal. I think that you can see the frost.

I still haven't got the bulbs in. If I put them in this week, I hope that they survive. I haven't seen any more of a squirrel, and the pigeons seem to be visiting slightly less, but the sparrows, or spadger squad, are still around in force.

Writing stuff - today's writing snippet is here. Something I found interesting is that I keep getting a hit on an old snippet about chestnuts, which is entirely fiction and hasn't been linked to since it was published - 5th October 2019. Well, I'll post it here now and if you want you can see that it's pretty uninspiring. I think people may have got carried away with google. I think that they must have been disappointed when they landed. They may have been looking for how to cook chestnuts, which isn't included. And, in an orgy of self promotion, here's a poem I wrote about sparrows. It's not my best by any means, and seriously underrates the speed of the dratted things, but I may was well include it. I haven't linked to that since October 30 2018. Seriously - don't feel that you need to click on it, as I was being a little experimental. I just felt that if old stuff was bobbing up, I may as well share. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment