Pages

Thursday 3 March 2022

A Little Further On

Eileen - Aunt Edy dated it 1893 but I think it was a little older. There is a cool guide here how to tell the age of a map. Not all of it to be taken seriously, but helpful. I know that there was a part of what is now Bulgaria (I think) that changed 10 times during the period 1870-1945 covered by my A level course.

Sharon - I am a little worried as bear is confident, but we will see. It's wonderful having really old books. There is something comforting about them.

Bless - thank you!

My laptop continues to be erratic, so there may be a few gaps. 

I managed to make myself go for a walk today. This was amazing for me, as I've struggled a bit over the last few weeks. I got a load of pics for this months photo challenge and some doggy cuddles.

I took this pic as it looked so colourful. I think the flowers are a little later in the park, but still beautiful.

Bear didn't need picking up until six due to some rehearsals, so I set off quite a bit later. I got there by the skin of my teeth as I forgot about rush hour traffic. I am definitely keeping the P plates as I stalled both on the way there (I was thinking of something else and tried to set off in third) and on the way back (correct gear, but going uphill on a small roundabout with iffy visibility where I need to be able to dart out). The last one is definitely me not getting the biting point right. 

I've had a go at one of my favourite games - Farmington. It's old, unexacting and perfect for when I'm trying to work out a plot. I realised today that there are lots of instances of the Ukraine flag, and it felt heartbreaking. I am praying for the people there, and will be donating to Shelterbox and the Red Cross.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty flowers. Still nothing growing here.
    I hate rush hour traffic. I avoid it when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo with all the spring flowers in bloom. Glad you had a safe drive even with the stalling! :)

    ReplyDelete