Pages

Thursday 24 March 2022

Was that it?

Sharon - the door is driving me mad. As for school uniform, I think it's now a legal requirement that there is more than one place selling the dratted blazers (and sweaters, ties, sports kit etc) but bear's school have two places which are both much of a muchness for price. At least you can get shirts and trousers from the supermarkets these days.

Cherie - last summer was a nightmare as the main store didn't have bear's size in the blazer and I ended up going miles to a tiny store in a portacabin to get one for him. I didn't even leave it to the last minute! At least I can go to the supermarket for shirts and trousers. As it is, I still end up spending hundreds every September.

Eileen - the door is currently closing. We have an inner door which is the same standards as an outer door so I can lock that, but it's not really acceptable. The door has been trouble since it was installed. I would honestly recommend them to anyone for windows, but I couldn't in all conscience recommend them for doors. 

Nothing much has happened today. I made mince and mash for dinner which bear practically inhaled, and that was the highlight of the day. I didn't get the will to do a walk and I haven't any pics. I would say that today was a fail. I'll start again tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. I beg to differ! No day is a fail if you woke up alive and somewhat well (never mind the aches and pains and stiffness), in a house that is still standing up and protecting you from the elements, even if the front door is giving trouble, and you were able to prepare and provide a meal that your family, especially your son, enjoyed. In my opinion, that is a good and successful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better day and you can take advantage of the good weather.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a complete fail though - you still managed get Bear to and from school, cook a meal, and write a blog post ... that sounds like a success to me 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can’t beat mince and mash. I hate making mash so I make huge portions at a time and put the potato through a ricer which I find easier than using a masher. Then I open freeze the ready prepared mash on trays in blobs using an ice cream blobber. When frozen, I bag them into ziplock bags. Then when we want mash I just need to microwave the correct portions. 2 blobs for me and 4 for hubby. Lol. It’s a life saver for me. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can’t beat mince and mash. I hate making mash so I make huge portions at a time and put the potato through a ricer which I find easier than using a masher. Then I open freeze the ready prepared mash on trays in blobs using an ice cream blobber. When frozen, I bag them into ziplock bags. Then when we want mash I just need to microwave the correct portions. 2 blobs for me and 4 for hubby. Lol. It’s a life saver for me. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brush yourself off and start again tomorrow. That's what I always tell myself when I've had a 'fail' day.

    ReplyDelete