Pages

Saturday 19 March 2022

Scottish Play

Sharon - I love watching squirrels in general, but not around nests. Mind you, magpies are not exactly saints. As for the cars and vans, it's normally the drivers I worry about, not the rust bucket.

Eileen - What would Christmas be without a small amount of present-related havoc.

Today was good. We pottered around in the morning and then bear and DH exchanged ideas on card tricks while I kept my head down and knitted, then we read through some Macbeth together. There is a few issues with the English lessons at the moment, so while DH and I have no idea how things go in exams these days, we can at least read the books and plays with him and talk about them. 


We took it in turns reading the different parts and it was a lot of fun. We only got through the first few scenes. DH and I are used to picking out tiny, tiny details in the text, which bear probably won't need for GCSE. He may have found it a little more intense than the average English class. I told bear that he should follow his teacher's lead for the exams, but discussing the shades of meaning will help him remember what is going on. I hope that i'm right. 

I took a very poor pic of the honeysuckle that is going absolutely wild. I was planning to dig it right out. I don't think I could bear to lose something so vibrant. 


I'll try and get better pics tomorrow. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day creating memories.

    Looks so bright and sunny in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun - reading Shakespeare plays as a family! Your honeysuckle looks great! I hope you don't dig it out. Maybe just prune it a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought back memories of homework help when mine were in school and doing Exams, thank goodness thats all past I think I worried more then them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Bear realises how lucky he is to have two parents who are able to read and discuss the plays with him. It's a wonderful way to help him xx

    ReplyDelete