Pages

Thursday 10 March 2022

Bear has a Cold

Bless - thank you. I'm still feeling sorry for myself, but it's mainly self pity now. I'm considering praying to anything for those dratted keys!

Wherethejourneytakesme - I may give it another go, but change around some ideas. I feel a little defeated about it currently, but I'm sure that I'll bounce back.

Sharon - daydreaming is seriously good for your mental health, especially daydreaming about good stuff.

Eileen - When I worked, I was really sensible. Things were saved under case number, file number, client name or even post code. This was a short story written around three or four years ago, kand I think it's gone for good. It's sort of annoying, as I suspect that it was a fun story, but, strangely, I don't get too attached to my writing. This was something out of my usual path of writing, so I may have just forgotten all about it.

Bear has a cold. It's one of the snuffling, coughing, sniffing type. I'm pretty sure it isn't covid, as it looks exactly like a cold. I suppose I could ask about a test, but I'm not sure that he would be able to stop coughing and sniffing long enough to take it. 

It's strange, because until I started to post, it never occured to me that it could be anything but a bad cold. I'll have a word with him tomorrow. Bless him, he is determined to keep his 100% attendance record, though, so he would be devastated if he had to take time off. Especially as it has all the signs of a classic cold.

And that's a thing. Once upon a time I would have kept an eye on him and judged whether he should be dragged into school to fester or left in his bed. Now there is the plague to worry about. If I send him in, am I risking serious implications to his classmates, teachers and their families, or is it just a cold? 

To be honest, I can't see it as anything but a cold. And the discussion we had - bear, DH and I - about the implications of the different rules of succession in 11th century Normandy and England seemed to cheer bear up. I will see how he is tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all. 


4 comments:

  1. Ass I'm new to your blog I'm trying to work out who Bear is, lol
    I assume he is your son?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope that it is just a cold and nothing else. Feel better soon, Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the difficulty now isn't it because the latest strain of Covid presents exactly like a cold in so many people. My sister thought she only had a cold but then tested positive. It's a worry. Anyway, cold or Covid, I do hope Bear feels better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's the worry. Whenever I come down with something I wonder. And it isn't necessarily that I will get really sick, but that I could pass it to someone less able to handle it.

    Hope Bear feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete