Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2022

A Lull

Wherethejourneytakesme - we had tickets for the Mikado just before everything shut down. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought it would be fun for bear. He was just coming up to 13 and a very different child than he is now. I was mainly looking for amateur productions rather than the expensive Grand Theatre (I flinched when I pressed 'pay'). So much has changed.

Sharon - As I said, it was almost unheard of for us as kids. I hope you have happy memories. It's what I want to make for bear. It's not just part of bear's course, though. I want him to feel okay to go to places like the theatre or a concert, so that he's fine with things like that when he's older. Someone else is going to have to take him to a gig, though, as I'm too much of a fuddy duddy.

Yesterday I got quite a few bits done. I sorted out various bits in the kitchen, did a little washing and generally got a little further. Today was not nearly so productive. I feel too tired to do anything that needs thinking but too wide awake to nap. I kept trying to get on with things, but failing. I think I should have just given up, listened to a book and done some knitting. But while I was staring out the window, I saw a squirrel. I didn't get a pic, of course, but I wonder if we'll have one moving in. There is a lot of rat poison around from Matalan, so I'm not sure if it will be okay, but it would be sort of nice. I shall have to keep the bird feeders well topped up. It made me smile, so I took a pic of where it had been.


Writing stuff - My mind was off on its own today without adequate supervision, and I remembered an old poem, which I've reposted here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. After years of not seeing any squirrels, I've just started seeing one running along the garden wall and climbing up the pine tree at the back! I like squirrels, but, the garden cats are very curious about what this critter is, so I hope that the squirrel won't venture into the garden too often for its own safety and well being! I hope you don't feel quite as tired tomorrow and can relax with your knitting if you do feel tired. Take care and rest when you feel tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on.. Put some hippy clothes on and get yourself off to a gig... :-)

    ReplyDelete