Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2022

A New Tesco!

Bless - thank you.

Cherie - He's already volunteering to carry heavy stuff for me, bless him. 

Eileen - I plan on having fun in the garden and I will share when it's fit. Thank you for setting the challenge. It's a real inspiration to look outward. I'm looking forward to the next one. I have a photo of my car with snow on taken on April 1st, so that has to be part of the challenge!

KJ - thank you, I know that you have an eye for these things so I feel very pleased with myself.

Briony - I was trying to think of ways of getting different H's. I never managed to get 'hiatus' or 'halt' in a pic, to my disappointment. Thank you!

I came home the usual route but, because I had been looking for something else, I found that was a Tesco even more on the way home than the massive one at Batley. It's much smaller and older. It reminded me of the supermarkets that were built in the sixties and seventies, which were quite square and not nearly as big. It was still nice and clean, though, and while there was less choice, there was still enough for me. The graffiti overlooking the (small) carpark was also good. I'll have to get some better pics.


There is also a Home Bargain next to it. I picked up some planters to push against the fence, but DH has had some other ideas, so I'm not sure what I'm doing now. 

Bear's school has had a trying day. It is the first Ofsted inspection since 2007 (school standards inspectors). This is obviously stressful, especially after a change of headmaster followed by all the disruption of the plague. It is also their 'Green Day' where pupils were supposed to bring in books, stuff for the Foodbank and unwanted clothes to be donated to appropriate places. This was supposed to happen after 3.15pm when school finished, so I didn't bother sending stuff in as I had to get bear home for the other thing that was happening (that bear knew about) - the school trip to the Grand Theatre to see School of Rock. Bear wanted to go in early to look around a particular shop so there wasn't time to drop stuff off and then get home for him to get changed and out. I said that the teachers would be getting deliveries of draft gin by the tanker. 

Bear, by his own choice, went by himself into town to get to the meeting point, and DH is picking him up. I'm glad that the school insist on the kids being met as Leeds City Centre isn't brilliant for kids when it is late at night, even on a Tuesday. Bear told me that I didn't need to wait up. I suppose that will be a little more relevant in a few years time. Right now, of course I'm going to wait up!

I've been caught up with writing stuff today, so I haven't caught up with all the blogs that I want to read. I am looking forward to them! 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for waiting up. I still did that even when my children were at uni (when they were home). I'm going to have to find a different place to shop for the time being as my usual supermarket is being renovated and is all messed up. They have even started on the car park and it is just too stressful to go there. It doesn't help that the main road close to me is down to just one way and will be that way until October due to road works. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be nice and handy to have a Tesco a little closer to home but oh how I hate graffiti. It makes an area look so scruffy and neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Bargains is quite a useful shop and lives up to its name ... I quite often find real bargains in there!

    I hope Bear enjoyed School of Rock. Is that something he's studying in his Drama course or just a general end of term trip for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very busy day at Bear's school! I hope he had a fun evening at the theater. Of course you had to stay up and wait for him! :D

    ReplyDelete