Pages

Saturday 16 April 2022

There and Back Again

Bless - a lot of bear's pals have had hollow legs. At the moment, bear seems happy to pack away the food and he is looking pretty skinny at the moment. Those hares definitely had attitude and I was seriously tempted by them! I wasn't so tempted by the grass. I did think of cats when I saw it. I don't know if Dancer raids the grass or green things often, but I was told that indoor cats should always have access to grass. When we had indoor cats, they treated grass with contempt. Gifts of flowers and houseplants, however, were fair game. That's cats for you!

Eileen - There will definitely be photos.

DH and bear have been slogging away at the garden. They have done wonders! So much has been cleared away. I'm going to be putting down weedkiller tomorrow. It's very much against my inclination, but I have dandelions, brambles and buttercups and I just need a clean slate. Bear has been awesome and has, according to DH, really enjoyed himself. Sometimes I wonder how he turned out so well. I've ordered some more trellis. I plan to have another go at runner beans. I don't know how much we will eat, but I loved the flowers and the heart shaped leaves. The apple tree is looking good at the moment. The amount of blossom seems to hint at a tough winter next time. 


I dug out my spin scrubber from Aldi. It failed on an epic level. It is what looks like a giant electric toothbrush and it whirred about fearsomely until it was actually pressed against the stones. Then it seemed to fade away. 

Tesco were supposed to deliver between 9am and 10am. I spent the morning waiting around and wondering. Apparently there are 18 vans that operate out of my local store and 15 of them were marked as not running. Mine was missing from the list, but around 1pm I got a text letting me know that the order was cancelled. I was a little fed up about it. I could have done without the upset. However it could all have been worse. I nipped over to Tesco in Batley and, before I went in, called in on the dry cleaners who had the blazer and blanket ready. It was pretty bulky, so they suggested that they keep the dry cleaning until I had finished shopping. I whizzed into the store, picked up some bits and completely forgot about picking up the dry cleaning on the way out! I didn't realise for ages.

This meant that I ended up going all the way back, picking up the stuff I had forgotten at the supermarket in the first run and then picking up the dry cleaning. I have to do some mending, which I'm not looking forward to, but bear's blazer is looking a lot cleaner! 

I was shocked at the cost of pine nuts. DH likes to add them to stuff, just a pinch here and there, so I get them in. I thought that they were expensive at £3 per 100g but the only ones I found were £5 for 150g! I don't begrudge DH his pleasures, though, and I've not mentioned the price to him. He works very hard and he deserves to have things that he likes. 

It's been a wonderfully quiet evening. I'm looking forward to a peaceful day tomorrow. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Tesco cancelled one of my orders once and somehow "forgot" to refund the money so do make sure you keep an eye out for your refund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apple blossoms look gorgeous! Sorry to hear that your grocery order was not delivered and got cancelled, instead! Forgetting to pick up the dry cleaning after buying the groceries would be something I'd do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry it was cancelled! The blossom in that pot looks lovely. Can't wait until something grows in the garden lol

    ReplyDelete