Pages

Thursday 28 April 2022

I Didn't Know I Could Do That

Cherie - I was glad to see the back of yesterday!

Patio - It's washing up liquid, or dish soap, that gets aphids. Apparently insects breathe through pores in their exoskeleton and the soapy water bungs them up. I've had reasonable results with them in the past. Unfortunately, somewhere near here is a massive ants nest, and, according to what I've read, ants will protect aphids over winter in their nests and then take them out to feed so they can 'farm' them properly. I can see summer being a battle. Mint is supposed to deter rats, and I've seen a passing rat recoil from it, so fingers crossed that helps.

Eileen - I am not a morning person at all! Bear has trained me, as he is ridiculously good at mornings. The stitching is holding fine, but it is not a thing of beauty. I'll have to take a pic at some point. I'm taking it steady.

I really enjoyed the Great British Sewing Bee last night, and it was filmed near me. According to Google Maps, it was filmed around 7 miles from me and bear had a birthday party at a soft play there - it's a mix of studios and businesses. Leeds Market used to be great for fabric. It isn't so much now, but I wonder if they popped on to have a look.

I haven't been brilliant today. I'm not poorly but I'm very tired. DH picked up a block of wood. He hopes to get the new trellis up on Saturday. I forked over the tiny border near that wall. The ground was like iron! I'll have another go at it tomorrow. 

I also need to plant out the coriander seedlings that came today with the runner bean plug plants. They were in a 'post box friendly' box but the postie still squashed them. That is why I dragged myself out, drove to Aldi, picked up some nice tubs, some compost and some gravel and drove back. 

The bag of gravel (which I want for the bottom of the pots) says that it is 15kg. I can't lift 15kg. On the other hand, I got it into the trolley at Aldi, then out of the trolley and into the car. I'll ask DH to unload the dratted thing. I may have to weigh it out to see if it's short weight, because I really can't lift 15kg. 

And I forgot to take any pics. I'll try and remember tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're not coming down with anything. I go ups and downs with sleep and energy. Some days I seem to have lots of energy and others I don't even want to drag myself out of bed. I think mine has to do with menopause though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't bother forking over the garden. Have you tried the 'no dig' method. Loads of You Tube videos if you've never tried it before. I don't dig anything these days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done if you did manage to lift 15kgs! I find it's not so much the weight but that the bags are awkward to lift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are able to get some rest over the weekend, Lyssa. You really shouldn't be lifting 15 kg. bags of anything if you are not feeling too well or are too tired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cellulitus is the pits, a tiny red patch can make you feel like death . At least your not burdened with my GP who has on numerous occasions informed me its my punishment for choosing to be fat !!!

    ReplyDelete