Pages

Friday 15 April 2022

What Day Is It?

Eileen - I don't think the interview is too scary. To be honest, I don't read or watch much scary stuff. I write scarier than I can read. Dinner at Dark which I loved writing is far scarier than I would chose for myself. I will share absolutely everywhere as soon as it's available. 

I don't know what day it is. I keep thinking that it's Sunday (it isn't) or Thursday (it really isn't) or even Monday (not even close). I think the combination of school holidays and DH having a day off, together with me being on pins for a book being released on Sunday (Caleb's Kingdom by Essie Summers), has left me out of synch. 

DH did loads in the garden today. He moved a load of stuff, cleared a load more stuff and was generally a hero. I pruned back the fuchsia, to the absolute dismay of the sparrows. Though I think it was the robin that dived past me at speed as the sparrows normally travel in packs and it was just one feathered threat. I haven't cut it right back, but just enough that we can walk past it and that it doesn't swamp the yellow rose and the lilac. I found a small flower bud on one of the pruned bits, so I'm hoping to see flowers soon.



DH took some stuff to the tip and there's more to go tomorrow. I hope to spend time clearing more stuff so that he needs to do another run on Monday.

Bear is complaining of feeling tired. I suspect that a growth spurt is about to hit him hard, but I also worry a little. He doesn't eat a lot, even of sweeties and treats. I told him that I was worried about whether he had enough fuel. Dinner tonight was veggie sausages with a huge mound of mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage and microwave-roasted carrots. He didn't have a small portion put in front of him, but he cleared it in record time. I am planning to look up some healthy snack recipes, so that I can perhaps get nutrition into him that way. 

As an aside, I found this channel Chesterton Radio. I haven't checked it out, but it looks like old radio plays and audio books. I plan to dip into it, as it has a few stories that I'd like to hear. It will be great to have something to listen to while I knit. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. It is a productive day, that's what day it is! :D Sounds like you got a lot of stuff done in the garden! Aren't teenaged boys supposed to have hollow legs or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're making good progress in the garden. Will there be photos when you've finished?

    ReplyDelete