Pages

Sunday 24 April 2022

Quiet Day

Sharon - to be honest, I love bluebells. When I was a kid, we lived near a patch of woodland that was literally carpeted with them every spring. They covered the woodland floor. I miss that so much. 

Bless - Thank you.

Eileen - I'm incredibly flattered that you listened. I listened to the podcast myself and, to be honest, I had less of an accent than I expected. I was trying to be careful, though, and sound confident. Lynn was lovely with the interview, and made it so easy. I'm cold again tonight! I hope it warms up again soon.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. I'm feeling a little better. I was feeling it a lot yesterday, but it's fading so keeping my fingers crossed.

The trellis for the runner beans arrived today.


DH and bear have been making plans for it. As we have another bank holiday coming up, I think they will want to spend time in the garden. That means that over the week I need to clear out any flower beds I want clearing and then wash down various bits that are likely to end up painted. I'm not putting down what I am intending to do, as that is usually a guarantee that it won't happen. 

However I have some runner bean plug plants ordered, and I know a farm shop that had bedding plants last year, so that will be a start. I gave the garden a good water this evening. It's not a bad way to get a tiny scrap of exercise as I get to breath in the fresh air, enjoy the growing things and listen to the birds.

And that is that. Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. It's great that the garden is a combined effort with DH and Bear getting involved as well. I hope you feel well enough to do the clearing you need to do during the week. I like watering the garden in the evening... I find it therapeutic and a good way of relaxing at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that not only is the garden a family project, but, you have your teenaged son involved with the gardening! :)

    ReplyDelete