Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2022

Still Cold

Sharon - at least we aren't likely to have snow here. I've looked for glasses while wearing them before now, but that is up with me worrying about where my car keys are while I'm driving. 

This morning was epic in a bad way. I felt like absolutely nothing on earth, and just about managed to drag together the energy to get bear's bowl of cereal. Then, at 6am, bear asked me to mend his backpack for school. I do not function well at 6am, even in good health. My optimum time is early evening. And then I couldn't remember where I left my cotton. I don't have one single place where I keep cottons so I turned the house upside down looking for the dratted stuff. then I did some very ragged back stitch which has held through the day just fine, but I wish he had talked to me earlier. I'll need to get another backpack ready for him for when the dratted thing frays beyond repair. 

Then bear asked me where his PE kit was. This came as something of a surprise as I had checked with him last night to make sure that he had it. It ended up having been tucked behind a load of stuff, which meant that the house was even further upside down. Then I couldn't find my handbag. I've never been so glad to get out of the house in my life.

I've spent most of the day aching, but I'm feeling a lot better. I think tomorrow is going to have to involve a lot of housewifery whether I like it or not. It needs to include gardening. I took a pic of the gorgeous buds of the yellow rose.


It's looking the healthiest it has for years. Unfortunately, when I looked closer, I found the first few aphids, some rather languid ants (they were feeling the cold as well) and some signs of rust. I'm going to be spraying them with peppermint tea, peppermint oil, washing up liquid and bicarb of soda, all mixed and well diluted. I'll let you know how that goes. 

Writing stuff - Fortunately, today's entry into the Stormdance blog hop had already been set up and you can find it here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be glad to see the day end. Blimmin cold here and I've just lit the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. That is the start of a very beautiful rose. I use peppermint oil wiped around the window frames to keep spiders from entering, never thought to use for aphids. Thanks for that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow rose is a beautiful colour.

    I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Please make sure you continue to listen to your body and rest up if you can, until you are back to 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a morning person either .... before his final illness, my partner always had to fend for himself 😂. I certainly couldn't have managed any sewing so you have impressed me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it was such a lousy day. I'm sorry that Bear left everything to the last minute. That doesn't help things. The rose is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rose! Sorry you felt so rough in the morning and still had to do things like fix backpacks and look for the PE kit! Hope you were able to rest a bit, during the day, and feel better now.

    ReplyDelete