Pages

Friday 1 April 2022

Sort of Busy

Bless - thank you. I wonder if I could have convinced bear to have honey and black pepper. It may have really helped. 

Cherie - the weather is awful, but there are compensations. I wish I could have captured the absolute glitter and shine of the droplets. It looked magical!

Eileen - your garden is going to look amazing. As for the weather, it should have a long hard think about what it's done!

This was the view from the bathroom window this morning when I got up. It hadn't turned icy as the forecast said, which I was glad of. Instead it was snowing.


It had only just started there. By the time we were getting out, I had a terrible time clearing the windshield, far worse than yesterday. It was a combination of ice and snow, and the snow kept coming in huge flakes. The road was looking quite white by the time we left. 

And, to make things worse, the temporary traffic lights on the road works were playing up and I think snow covered the sensor that encouraged them to change. We were stuck in the queue for ages. We didn't get to school until 8.15. It was thirty minutes before bear needed to be there, but we are normally there around 7.30 to 7.40am! 

I picked up some bits for the weekend and filled up. There was a queue at the pumps and that took ages as well, but the snow had mostly gone by the time I started back.

Writing stuff - today an anthology Grumpy Old Trickster Gods came out, including a story by me! The anthology is on Amazon here, the trailer video is here and a little story leading up to my piece is on my blog here. I had so much fun writing it that it should be illegal. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Not sure what is up with the weather. We had snow again overnight. Not happy. I am tired of it being snowy and cold! I want spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Mother Nature was doing an April Fool's joke on you with all that snow! :) Great photo as you were able to capture the snowflakes falling! Congratulations on the anthology with your story being published!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave. I hate driving in snow and avoid whenever I can - thankfully we don't often get snow in this area.

    Congratulation on being included in the anthology.

    ReplyDelete