Pages

Monday 25 April 2022

Style Over Substance

Cherie - there is nothing like the scent of bluebells.

Eileen - DH and bear are getting so much satisfaction, it's wonderful. Though I don't mind taking on the watering. It can be wonderfully calming.

Mind you, I haven't watered anything tonight as it's far too cold. A frost is forecast and I don't want anything to be damaged. 

Speaking of gardening, I called into a farm shop that sold the amazing alyssum that I got last year. It has changed its opening hours, however, and isn't opened on Monday. The farm shop is next to what I think is the farmhouse and an older gentleman was sitting outside and he explained. I apologised and walked back to the car and that is when I realised. 

There had been a gap in the clouds this morning and one particular part of the route means that the sun is in your eyes like lasik at this time of year. So I had put on my sunglasses, but then I perched them on top of my head when I got away from that stretch. I didn't want to wear them if I didn't need to, but I didn't know when I might need them so I wanted them happy. I should also mention that I'm longsighted. I need glasses for reading and such but I can't drive in them. So I got out of the car, knew that I would be looking at prices, and put on my 'normal' glasses. I forgot that I was still wearing the sunglasses on top of my head. I walked towards the unsuspecting man wearing two pairs of glasses. I was mortified when I realised.

Still, I got this pic of almond blossom - I love almond blossom.



Writing stuff - I haven't got today's flash fiction posted as I have been working on a few different things and forgot the time. It should be fine by this time tomorrow. However, if you are interested, I have a guest post from today on Eric Lahti's blog called 'Research and the Author'. I felt incredibly flattered, and Eric was very kind. It's just a few ideas about research, so not my normal stuff.

Hugs and good health to all. 

5 comments:

  1. I bet you rocked that film star look with two sets of glasses. I have eyes in the back of my head but not the top... and the ones in the back don't need glasses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure if anyone can carry off the two pairs of glasses look, it's you! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely blossom! The glasses story made me smile. Sometimes I start looking for mine not realising I've stuck them on top of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny about the two pairs of glasses! But, I need glasses for driving and I have a pair of sunglasses that fit on top of the driving glasses, so, if I wear sunglasses while I drive, I am wearing two pairs of glasses at the same time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try not to wear your reading glasses until you're actually close up to whatever you need to see with them. If I attempt to walk anywhere, even 15 feet or so, wearing my 'readers' I go terribly dizzy and get awful headaches. It doesn't do your sight or balance any good at all to wear 'readers' whilst not actually doing close work!

    ReplyDelete