Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2022

Still Cold

Eileen - there's always one, and it's usually me

Cherie - I'm not sure what sort of film star wears two pairs of glasses and I'm a little afraid to ask.

I'm considering putting the fire on. I think that it is me that is cold, rather than anything else as our house picks up the sun and stays warm. I think I have some sort of bug, like a cold or flu. My sense of taste is fine, but my joints are aching, I can't stop sniffing and I have started coughing. I need to find a test to check, but I'm fairly sure that it isn't Covid. I have a few bits to pick up tomorrow if I'm clear, but I'll still be completely masked and sanitised to keep this lurgy from everyone else. On the bright side, my cellulitis is slowly easing. 

I could do with being on better form. We have managed to lose a single shin pad. Bear is fairly confident that it will be either tennis or cricket for his PE lesson tomorrow, but there is always a chance of football. I'm going to have to turn everywhere out.

I haven't got much done in the garden today, and I need to crack on while the weedkiller has still had an effect. Also, DH saw a rat in the garden yesterday. I'm going to spray around the bottom of the bird feeder with peppermint tea spiked with peppermint oil and a little washing up liquid. I have the tea and teabag steeping on the kitchen windowsill right now. I don't want to spray around the fuchsia or the roses on the other side as there are usually a lot of aphids there and the sparrows seem to like them as a snack. One of the uses of washing up liquid is to kill aphids and insects as they apparently don't like soapy water.

I called into the farm shop this morning and this time it was open. They didn't have any of their lovely bedding plants. They had some lovely, healthy looking lupin plants, though. These were tiny, the sort you get when you first plant a seed. However I know what lupins are like. You start off with a tiny leaflet and the next thing you know you have to go at it with a machete. It will be the fuchsia all over again, and the leaves are the sort of shape that could confuse the weed smoking locals. Mind you, I love lupins. I haven't taken a pic today so here is one of lupins from Unsplash, taken by Annie Spratt


While I was at the farm shop, I picked up a bottle of rapeseed oil as I was running low. They are expecting prices to go up across the board.

Writing stuff - I finally finished my flash fiction which is here. 

Hugs and good health to all 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. I turned up my heat today. It's dropped back down to around freezing and outside it was doing a little something between rain and snow - sigh. Here I was thinking it was over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you continue to feel unwell. I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you turned on the heating and are feeling warmer and better, now.

    ReplyDelete