Pages

Monday 18 April 2022

And That was Bank Holiday

Cherie - I couldn't imagine getting either of the men to consider it, and I am a bit worried about the local rats bathroom habits. 

Bless - I love the apple blossom. It's the best that it's been for years. I know that last year the runner beans got away from me - they grew like crazy and the trellis will not be tall enough! M may be worried about how enthusiastic they are. Forgetting the dry cleaning that I had gone to get is normal for me. 

Eileen - we currently have four very small gooseberry bushed planted in each corner of the centre square. I think I need to water and feed them and perhaps I'll get some decent gooseberries next year. I got them last year from Aldi and they survived my neglect. I think I will just get some generic supermarket bedding plants. Then runner beans on the wall that's currently empty and massive amounts of lavender under the study window. We had a huge bank of it years ago, but had to get rid of it when we had the windows replaced. I've dug out a pic 



That was years ago, I think in 2018. It was almost extra security. No-one was likely to try and climb in those windows as the bees were always so active there.

Speaking of plants, I nipped out to stretch my wheels, called in at Morrisons and took this pic in the car park.



According to the Google image search, it's probably Giant Hogweed. I told bear this, and he thought it was amazingly cool. Apparently the blisters you get can last up to ten years. I'll give Morrisons a ring tomorrow to let them know that they may want to get it cleared. 

And other plant news - the honeysuckle seems happy with the new trellis on the other side.



I'm now checking the weather forecast for rain, to see if I will need to water the garden. I'm more used to checking for driving conditions.

Writing stuff - today's flash fiction is here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Ouch - that plant doesn't sound too safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're doing better than us. We've had rain showers for the last two days but not enough so I'll have to water the garden later on tonight ... I putting it off for as long as possible in the hope that there'll be a heavier shower so I can be excused watering duties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honeysuckle seems very happy with the new trellis! :)

    ReplyDelete